KENT, United Kingdom – July 21, 2021 – EasyDNA is pleased to launch the Dog Breed Identification Test and add it to its growing list of DNA tests especially developed for canines.
Through the Dog Breed Identification Test, it is very easy to accurately determine a dog’s genetic ancestry up to three generations: parent, grandparent, and great-grandparent. This test screens for 1,800 genetic markers with a database of over 350 dog breeds, which makes it one of the most comprehensive canine heritage tests available today.
For only $129, clients have access to the following information:
- List of specific dog breeds in your dog’s family tree, going back to three generations
- An analysis of the dominant breed and secondary breeds, helping owners understand their dog’s traits, behaviour, and history
- The dog’s breed and weight information including a predicted weight profile and a genetically-determined healthy weight range
- Proof of breed paper outlining the dog’s DNA test findings
- Confirmation whether the dog is safe to undergo routine medical procedures
Asked to comment on the new canine DNA test, a company spokesperson said, “EasyDNA consistently offers top of the line DNA tests meant to empower pet owners everywhere. We are proud to say that our new Dog Breed Identification Test is one of the most accurate and comprehensive tests available today.”
Clients interested in knowing their dogs’ genetic heritage can use the canine sample collection kit, which will be sent to them upon ordering. They can then collect their pets’ DNA with a cheek swab provided in the kit. This procedure is quick, easy, and completely pain-free.
Once the sample is collected, it will be sent back to the laboratory. Clients can expect to receive their test results as soon as three weeks after the laboratory receives the samples.
EasyDNA is an international DNA testing company established in 2006 with operations in over 25 countries across the globe. EasyDNA offers a wide DNA testing product portfolio, which includes home paternity testing and other paternity tests, ancestry testing, clinical testing like the celiac disease genetic test, and more. Over the last decade, the company has handled thousands of DNA tests through internationally accredited laboratories holding the highest international accreditations.