Introducing Health and Fitness DNA testing
There are no two people who share the same genetic makeup meaning that our bodies process the food we eat or respond to physical exercise in a different manner. Therefore, by carrying out an extensive analysis of your genes the Nutrifit DNA test can create and equip you with a tailor-made guide to optimal nutrition and exercise based on your personal genetic makeup. This test also provides detailed information about how to avoid several common health problems and how your genetics influence both your physical appearance and well-being.
The health and fitness test makes use of Next Generation Sequencing (NGS) technology coupled with leading genetics analysis software and modern scientific findings. It involves 35 different analyses and assesses more than 100 genetic variations that affect both our metabolism and physical characteristics. This DNA test is ideal for individuals who are about to make changes in their lifestyle or for those who seek to take their health and well-being to the next level. It includes everything you need in order to start your new journey to a healthier life! Read the brochure for more details.
Sample Collection and Test Results
The sample required for this test is a simple and painless saliva sample. Once your sample is received at the laboratory, the DNA is then extracted from it. It is that simple!
The results of this DNA test can be available within 4 to 6 weeks from receipt of your DNA sample at the laboratory and will be e-mailed to you as soon as they ready. For an additional cost, you can also have your personalised Nutrigenetic guide booklet printed and sent to you by postal mail. Take a look at a sample report of the test!
Breakdown of the Personal Analysis
- Your personal needs for macro and micronutrients
- Your individual metabolism for alcohol, caffeine and lactose
- Individual response to certain types of physical activity
- Muscle type and what kind of activity suits you best
- Your susceptibility to things like high cholesterol, weak bones, high blood sugar and being overweight
- How your genes influence your physical appearance
What will the Nutrigenic Guide include?
- An easy-to-understand introduction to diet and genetics
- An explanation of the analyses made (divided into 8 chapters)
- A coloured and explanatory display of your genetic results
- A reference list of the scientific research that the DNA Test is based on
- A full list of the genes analysed along with additional information on their function
- A glossary of terms for easy interpretation
- Lifestyle and dietary recommendations
- Food nutrition tables including nearly 200 different foods along with their caloric values, cholesterol content and contents of vitamins and minerals
More about Nutrition and Exercise
The food we eat provides the raw materials our bodies need for development, growth and function. Micronutrients are made up of vitamins and minerals whilst macro-nutrients include compounds such as fats and carbohydrates. Our ability to process and utilise these nutrients is dependent on specific enzymes that help us break down and transform these nutritional elements into the chemical compounds that our bodies need. The effectiveness of these enzymes and the capability to utilise the nutrients is determined by our genetics. By analysing certain genetic variations, the Health and Fitness test can assess your metabolic profile and provide you with a recommended diet based on your genetic make-up.
Physical activity generally affects our health positively. However, just as your ability to process certain foods is unique to your metabolism, certain sports or activities can be more beneficial for you than they are for others. By analysing your genes, we can recommend the types of physical activities that suit you best or what to approach with caution.
Other Health DNA tests
EasyDNA’s product portfolio includes other personalised health DNA tests which you might be interested in ranging from Diet and Health DNA testing (weight management) to DNA testing for skin care (skin treatment and care). Get started on your DNA testing journey today to take your health and well-being to the next level!